Lijit Ad Tag

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Peach the Destroyer: Issue 012

Click for full size

Whoa! What's this?! A different layout? A new character?! WHAT COMIC IS THIS, ANYWAY?!
Oh, right. Still mine.
Okay, this was one of those slow burns of an idea that was rattling around in my head pretty much since the start of this story arc. See, back when I was initially sketching everyone out before I started the comic, Peach's backup in that storyline was going to consist of the well-meaning duo of Mittens and an unnamed cat with a bow and arrows. That archery-themed cat stayed in my mind, waiting for the right time. Then, as I was plotting Peach's Day Off, the idea of that archery cat swooping in to save the day with the "A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED!" caption box just would. Not. Leave. My. Head. So I had to draw it.

Yeah, we'll be seeing more of this new cat next week.

Up next, I'm still going through my Ten Favorite Webcomics (which, believe me, is a harder task than you'd think and that's without me bothering to form it into a countdown). This week, after a lot of hemming and hawing, I've settled on The Laugh Out Loud Cats.

Now, for the five of you on the internet who don't know what a LOLcat is, I'll just direct you here and ask you to come back in a few minutes.
All caught up? Well, as Adam "Apelad" Koford tells us, his great-grandfather Aloysius "Gorilla" Koford created the tales of the Laugh-Out-Loud Cats, which chronicles "the exploits of one Meowlin Q. Kitteh (a sort of cat hobo-raconteur) and his young hapless kitten friend, Pip." This comic is just a joy to read. It's cute, sweet, has an occasional anti-smoking message, and the large poster-sized comic for every hundredth comic is always a treat. Check it out, it's sure to make you laugh out loud (see what I did there? ...I'm shameless).

0 comments:

Post a Comment