Lijit Ad Tag

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Peach the Destroyer: Issue 019

Click for full size

Okay, I know I've been on a streak with these bigger/different layouts, but you have to admit, from a dramatic standpoint it's pretty cool. I like that finally, in our third arc and nearly 20 comics in, we FINALLY have a villain who feels like a viable threat! (however, I did just realize he kinda looks like Roger Klotz from Doug. I promise I'll try to correct that in upcoming issues)

Today's entry in my Top Ten Webcomics is one where, for a change of pace, I haven't read through all of the archives. David Willis' Shortpacked! is but one slice of his impressive webcomics empire, ranging from the early years of "Roomies!" in the late '90s to the currently-running Shortpacked! and Dumbing of Age, a sort of Ultimate Universe take on Willis' own continuity. I enjoy Dumbing of Age, but Shortpacked will always be a personal favorite, probably because of all the geeky Transformers/comic book references. Also, I got the chance to meet Willis at last year's San Diego Comic-Con, where he did an awesome sketch of Green Arrow teaming up with Shattered Glass Ravage (a fan-character created by Willis that has apparently been adopted into Transformers continuity).

Well, my patient fans, thanks for stopping by. As always, don't forget to send your friends my way. Tune in next week for more crazy Destroyer action!

0 comments:

Post a Comment